”Unless you’re willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won’t happen.”
– Philip Adams –
2.30 pm, WOD
A. Back Squats 5*5, (180s):
115kg/5 (1+1/4 reps), 125/5 * 4 sets
B. GHD Sit Ups, 5*20, (90s):
37s, 38, 38, 39, 39
C. 800m @ 100%, 800m @ 90%, 800m @ 90%:
2’56 min(!), dnf, dnf…
Some days you have it, some you don’t..
During the first set of squats I decided to change my programming, doesn’t really make sense to me to have the technical work mixed up with my workload program? So, from now on it will be 5by5’s regular back squats every other week as well. They felt strong but a bit unbalanced today. GHD’s was easier than ever before, forgot to fix the bench with weight plates for the first round, think I can get it down even faster.
OK, grey clouds over Cape Town today, felt like I ate to little, or simply: I was just not motivated today.
Barely warmed up after walking the 10 mins to the reservoir, made excuses all the way around for my first 800m-lap and was just totally out of any kind of explosiveness. Actually ”sprinted” the last half, but must have looked like Jim Carey in The Pet Detective or something cause I was anything but fast.
Well, well tomorrow is another day and since I comforted my self with some chocolate just now, I expect nothing but super human powers tomorrow!
NOD, Need to shape up when it comes to planning and preparing my meals:
- 11.30 Breakkie: 300g Scrambled Free Range Eggs, 55g Feta Cheese, 2 big Carrots, 2 Tomatoes, 8g Fish Oil
- 14.00 10g BCAA’s, ZMA, Creatine
- 15.45 40g Whey, 50g Dried Cranberries sweetened with Pineapple Juice
- 16.30 120g Canned Tuna, 100g Green Olives, 50g Raw Organic Almonds
- 21.00 Coke Zero & Ritter Sport with Hazels, not even dark choc since they didn’t have that one… 😦
- 21.30 400g Grassfed Beef, pan fried in 2 tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, 200g Broccoli
- 23.00 8g Fish Oil, ZMA