Full effort is full victory! So why do I keep on doing less…
3.15 pm – WOD, CrossFit Games Open Sectionals #1:
10 min AMRAP:
- 30 Double Unders
- 15 Power Snatches @ 75lbs/35kg
Ground to overhead anyhow.
Score: 6 Rounds = 270p.
OK first, I’m not really disappointed with my score, I just have a feeling of not leaving it all out there, witch is something I know I have to work on. ”Competed” against Jobst and pretty fast I had an ok lead since he messed up a bit by going unbroken on the first round and then paying the price. What I don’t like here is that all that goes through my head at that point is: ”Good, just keep an even pace to stay ahead, you don’t wanna hit that wall..”. WRONG THINKING! I DO want to hit that wall! I neeeed to hit that wall, I neeeed to learn how to improve my effort in a workout.
Good wod though, my shoulders fatigued the most towards the end but it was of course mainly a condition workout. First two rounds I went 8/7 on the snatches, then 6/5/4 for two rounds, 7/5/3 on the fifth and then 5/5/5 with very little rest on the last one. Think I did the last round of snatches within the last minute. Video is on Rolands cam so will post it tomorrow. He did the show of the day by the way, his 6 rounds and 23 DU’s was very impressive stuff!
Played with the idea of re-doing this one tomorrow again, but realized that would just be for my ego, not for the greater good of my physique. Instead I plan to work on weaknesses in a couple of short metcons, maybe some 5 by 5’s in the morning and then play around with the big Tire could be something?
- 9.45 10g BCAA’s, ZMA, Creatine, 8g Fish Oil
- 10.00 Yoga on ze rocks in Bakoven.
- 10.30 40g Whey, 50g Blueberries
- 12.00 Kneads Scrambled Egg with Salmon, (was suppose to be 3 extra eggs in there but if so, there was not a single one from the beginning..).
- 14.30 10g BCAA’s, ZMA, Creatine
- 15.15 40g Whey, 20g Dark Chocolate, 30g Dried Cranberries
- During the afternoon, approx. 50g raw organic Macadamians, yuuuuum…
- 20.00 250g Free range chicken breasts, 250g Grassfed Beef, 100g Broccoli, 50g Spinach, 35g Gruyere, 20g Dark Cocolate
Realized I’ve been eating way too little today, so why not make it a big dinner?